As I write this, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, there is a squirrel scampering across the grass toward the blossoming peach tree… yes, it is a wonderful, beautiful world. Heroes are going to work and heroes are staying home. We’re finding new and creative ways to care for our Bodies, Minds and Spirits in this time of social distancing, and we’re turning that social distancing into distant socializing! You’ll find many resources for doing just that in the links below. If you come across resources you’d like to share, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll be added. Take good care! Faithfully, Karen
Caring for our Spirits
· HERE IS A LINK to Monday Meditations by Presiding Bishop Curry. A new meditation will be posted every Monday.
· HERE IS A LINK to The Rev Jim Friedrich’s blog, where you can read many of his reflections and writings.
· HERE IS A LINK to The Rev Patricia Rome Robertson’s blog, Contemplative Musings
· HERE IS A LINK to St. Mark’s Cathedral in Seattle for worship services, Compline, and live stream archives.
· HERE IS A LINK to the National Cathedral YouTube channel, where they have archived their online services
· HERE IS A LINK to Katie Churchwell’s Pop-Up-Prayer on Facebook
· HERE IS A LINK to Forward Day by Day meditations and Morning, Noon and Evening Prayer as well as Compline.
· HERE IS A LINK to The Good Book Club – Bible Study on John’s Gospel
Caring for our Minds
· HERE IS A LINK to A Lenten Spotify playlist from A Sanctified Art
· HERE IS A LINK to virtually tour museums
· HERE IS A LINK to Google Arts & Culture, filled with virtual tours and high-quality resolution photos of classic works. You can also tour museums or the streets of famous cities, view monuments and take a 3D tour of archaeological finds.
· For engaging speakers, click here to watch TED Talks.
· HERE IS A LINK to the Cincinnati Zoo, which will be streaming their program, “Home Safari Facebook Live” weekdays at 3pm.
· HERE IS A LINK to make LUNCHDOODLES with illustrator Mo Williems.
· HERE IS A LINK to make your own drawing prompts with illustrator and children’s book author Carson Ellis.
Caring for our Bodies
· Take a walk! Click here for Bainbridge Island Parks & Trail Finder
· Walk the labyrinth at Halls Hill (one person at a time!).
· Go to the beach. Click here for Bainbridge Island’s Shoreline Access Guide.
· Listen to happy music and dance in your living room!
Caring for our Homes and Selves
· HERE IS A LINK to an abundance of resources and information about what is happening in response to COVID-19 on Bainbridge Island.
· Island Caregivers are delivering groceries, click here to learn more
· Town & Country Bainbridge Offers Phone Ordering, Curbside Pickup and Delivery to High Risk Customers, click here to learn more
· Special senior shopping hours are now present at many local box stores, see the schedule below!
Caring for our Community
· Click here to learn more about supporting health care workers by sewing masks and donating materials
· Click here to donate to Helpline House
· Click here to donate to Chaplains on the Harbor
· Email Rev. Karen if you’d like to donate to the Rector’s Discretionary Fund